Welcome Guest | Sign In
LinuxInsider.com

TechNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   TechNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: New Firefox Runs Like a Rabbit

Re: New Firefox Runs Like a Rabbit
Posted by: John P. Mello Jr. 2017-11-15 16:46:34
See Full Story

New version releases of browsers don't get the buzz they used to get, but Firefox Quantum is an exception. The latest version of the Mozilla Foundation's browser, released Tuesday, is all about performance. Firefox is twice as fast as it was a year ago, Mozilla claimed. It is not only fast on startup -- it remains zippy even when taxed by multitudes of tabs. "We have a better balance of memory to performance than all the other browsers," said Firefox Vice President for Product Nick Nguyen.

Posted by: jdsax 2017-11-19 11:46:01 In reply to: John P. Mello Jr.
I don't know what networks others are using, but I don't notice any appreciable difference in speed among browsers.
FF Quantum is crap. I've used Firefox since it was Netscape and I'm saying this.They don't have to worry about Chrome, they're the ones driving it over a cliff.

Posted by: jymm 2017-11-24 03:42:02 In reply to: jdsax
I agree with you. I only used Firefox at one time, and now if fails to preform on a lot of video, on captcha and on my e-mail page . I have switched to Pale moon and Chromium. Really all browsers are fast enough not to notice a difference in speed, just performance.
Jump to:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+ RSS
Where do you stand in the Net neutrality debate?
The FCC's plans to roll back the Net neutrality rules will be good for business.
The Internet is an essential utility, and all users should get equal access.
I oppose Net neutrality because I have conservative views.
I favor Net neutrality because I have liberal views.
The controversy is overblown -- the Internet will be fine either way.
I have no idea what Net neutrality means to me personally.