Open source database provider EnterpriseDB announced Tuesday the release of EnterpriseDB Advanced Server 8.1 Release 2, an enterprise-class relational database management system that runs applications written for Oracle databases.
This latest release of the product features automated migration of data and business logic from Oracle databases to EnterpriseDB Advanced Server, integrated Oracle database browsing, and tools for developers and DBAs.
EnterpriseDB Advanced Server 8.1 Release 2 will also feature EnterpriseDB Developer Studio, a GUI-based application that allows users to browse the contents of Oracle databases alongside EnterpriseDB and PostgreSQL databases.
Additional features of the latest Advanced Server release:
- Dynatune, which the company says can automatically tune a database based on a user-supplied usage model;
- Auditing capabilities to assist with regulatory compliance;
- Security features that support both SSL and Kerberos cryptography;
- XML support;
- An interactive debugger that supports Oracle packages and offers real-time, in-context debugging; and
- An SQL query profiler for analyzing and tuning database queries.